Check items to add to the cart or select all
Meningitis at the age of three left Scott Blackwell with a legacy of serious lifelong health problems, including the severe limp he still walks with. But his physical ailments were only the half of it. By his own admission, he found himself at the age of 18 "tired, starving, sick, experimenting widely with any drug I could find, mildly suicidal and alone".
This book tells how God brought profound healing into Scott Blackwell’s life. But it is also the story of Scott’s search for what the Bible teaches about physical healing, in this life and the next. Many Christian pastors make strong claims today about God's promise to heal all our physical illnesses. What are we to make of these claims? What does the Bible actually teach about healing?
Scott's examination of these important issues is personal, warm, practical and often funny. But it is also clear, thorough and compelling in its presentation of the Bible's teaching about healing.
Healed at Last offers truth, hope and encouragement for everyone who longs to be healed.
About the author...
Scott Blackwell is an experienced pastor and Bible teacher who has wrestled personally with questions about God's promise of healing. Prior to pastoral ministry, he was an addictions counsellor and community development worker. Over his 20 years in ordained ministry he has worked in church plants, as chaplain to Macquarie University, and in parish churches in southern, northern and western Sydney. Scott's first love is preaching and teaching the Bible in a way that is practically relevant and helpful to God's people. He is a husband, father and new grandfather.
|Key benefits of the book...|
• Very honestly confronts the realities of how hard life can be when illness or disability strikes. But it just as honestly tells the truth of what the Bible says about illness, death and healing, and the hope that God gives us.
• Particularly helpful in pointing us to the real and true hope that the Bible offers, and warning us of the false claims and teachings of some 'healing ministries'.
• Very accessible; the style is direct and clear but also humorous and based in personal and pastoral experience.
• Covers a lot of ground in a short space.
• The person grappling with illness and seeking to understand the Bible's teaching on healing.
• The Christian who wishes to understand what the Bible does (and doesn't) say about healing—so that they are prepared to meet the challenge of sickness when it comes.
• The more seasoned Christian who has been badly taught about what the Bible says about healing.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
US$7.99 As low as: US$5.99
US$3.99 As low as: US$2.99